Welcome to my blog, if this is your starting point, get comfy as there are 25 ESAD demonstrators blogs to hop your way through for some inspiration from the new Holiday Catalogue and if you came here from Sharlene’s blog– weren’t her projects great?
What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for “Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators” and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin” Up! demonstrators.
We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.
So if you are a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group. If you are not a demonstrator and would like to become one, then please contact me for details as I’d love to have you join my team.
There are so many amazing products in the new catalogue it was hard to just find one product to share with you…..amidst all the Halloween products I fell in love with the new Etruscan Elegance jumbo roller wheel and with the aid of some post it notes made this scrapbook page in theme with our recent SU! Regional training event using the gorgeous new Raspberry Ripple card stock:
My general hints & tips for roller wheels include:
- stand up as you get straighter lines & more even pressure that way
- start rolling the wheel whilst off the card stock to prevent lines showing
- start at the corner of the page closest to you and roll away from yourself
- if you do not have an ink cartridge in the wheel handle, when rolling it on the ink pad do not roll it back and forth, roll it in the same direction ~6 times to ensure it is entirely inked
- always test the wheel on scrap paper first to ensure that your design/words are oriented the right way
- If the roller wheel does have a sentiment on it, line up the seam of the roller just off the page to ensure that you get the sentiment over the page in its entirety and not half a word that doesn’t make sense
- store the ink cartridges in zip lock bags to help keep them moist
- practise on scrap paper a lot!
Stamps: Etruscan Elegance jumbo roller wheel, Layered Labels, Bitty Banners
Ink: Basic Black, Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple
Card Stock: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Basic Grey, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Mini Glue Dots, Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Sticky Strip, mini silver brads, Scallop Envelope die, large oval punch, Dimensionals.
So I hope you enjoyed seeing the roller wheel ideas with the new Etruscan Elegance roller wheel (page 25 of the Holiday Catalogue) now it’s time to hop over to Corina’s blog and check out some more ideas for items in this awesome catalogue!